One of our most popular pages is our "Dyob" (design your own board) page. Our DYOB customizer is free to use, and we have had over 5,000 boards customized! Now before you start doing the math, not all of them were actually built, but that is still an incredible amount of people interested in designing their own board since we launched our platform back in June 2017.
Here are a few samples of what we have made over the past 6 months.
With that amount of interest, we get a lot of questions and concerns, so let me bust a few myths.
- Myth - They just put a vinyl print over a snowboard already made
- Fact - You board doesn't exist until we build it. From graphic to the guts of your snowboard we do everything at our facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Myth - Once I purchase, I can't make any changes to my graphic.
- Fact - We give you the freedom of designing your own board, right online! Once you place your order, we process every image and detail you created and verify we have everything we need before we put it into production, we even send you a proof after you purchase to make sure we got it all right. We don't build without your final approval.
- Myth- It's going to take FOREVER
- Fact - Once we get your final approval, your board will ship in 5-7 days, so unless you are a drone ant (average life span of 2-4 weeks) that is hardly "forever". We do however appreciate customers anticipation on receiving their custom board, so we work as hard as we can to get it done, and done correctly.
- Myth - My images shrink when I upload it onto the customizer, that means my image on my board will look stretched, or pixilated.
- Fact - The customizer needs to save space. We have it set up to shrink your images, so it doesn't slow the program down! We contact you after you place your order, and we always ask for higher resolution images when possible. Remember the customizer is to give you a visual of what you want so our designers can put it together, it is a lot easier than you trying to explain in words what you want in images.
Let us know what your concerns are, and we will gladly address those concerns!